Medical Card holders are entitled to a wide range of services from their GP. There are, however, some services which your GP may be able to provide but which are not paid for by the State.
If you require any of these services please consult with the practice staff to see if the services are available and what arrangements are in place for the provision of such services.
The most usual services requested which are not paid for by the State are:
- Phlebotomy Services (Routine blood tests)
- Minor Surgey
- Women and Men's health clinics
- Chronic disease management
- Warfarin Monitoring
- 24 hour blood pressure monitoring
- Pre-employment Medicals
- Medical examinations for legal purposes
- Examinations relating to "Fitness to Drive"
- Preventative Services (ex: Health Checks/Screening Services)
- Some family planning services
- Therapeutic counselling
Please Click here to find out more about applying.
Change of Doctor Form for Medical Card Patients